Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha setup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbybahamas

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2008
BS
Hi all I just bought a Radiant POS system with Aloha on it. The server is Windows 2000 Server and the terminal is Windows XP Embedded. The server is on however, when I turn on the terminal I get a "locating file server". I can ping the terminal from the server and vice versa. The license is attached to the server. Both computers are connected through a linksys wireless router with no special configurations. Can anyone help? It will be greatly appreciated.

2000 Server for a 1 terminal system? Holy overkill Batman!

Does the terminal come to a screen with a button on it titles "Make Fileserver"?

Is the terminal logging in with the same user and password as the server?

Is there a service running named ctlsvr? If it is listed but not started is it set to log in automatically and is it logging in as a system account or as a Windows user? If it is logging in as a user is it the same user and pass you are using to log onto the fileserver? If not is the user set up as an admin on the server and is the pass correct?

Can you log onto the server from the terminal and delete files? (create a txt file with notepad to ensure you don't delete an important file)

Is the drive Aloha is installed on shared on both the fileserver and terminal as "bootdrv" with full access?

On the terminal find the file named ibercfg.bat. On a XP terminal it should be located in c:\Aloha. Open it and make sure "set mastercapable=true and "set servercapable=true" both exist. If either is =false change it to true.

What model is the Linksys? If it is a router with simple firewall then you are using it as a switch between the two computers. If it has intrusion prevention then it can block the packets between the two.

If you are located in the Bahamas I can work on your system for travel and lodging expenses alone with no labor charges. :) I'm just that nice! :)

If none of the above fixes...

Access the terminal from the fileserver and go to Aloha\TMP. Delete the file debout.01 (assuming it is term1) If not the file extension will be the same as the terminal number assignment in the ibercfg.bat. (Set term=1)

Delete the debout file and restart the terminal.

Copy and paste the contents of the new debout file to this thread so we can see what it says. This is a simple debugging file...

Cheers

Posrescue covered most of the common stuff. It's probably one of those.

The only thing I could add is it could also be a software based fire wall, or an issue with the lana number.

Also, remove all protocols other than TCP/IP (i.e. if their is NetBEUI installed, it could effect the lana number.

I also agree with his comments about the switch. You can use routers, that's usually not a problem, but you can easily rule it out buying a $29 switch to see if that's the issue and return it if it's not. Just keep that in the back of your mind for now.

It seems as though I cannot access the file server from the terminal. Everything else Posrescue told me to do is fine. Except for access the file server from the terminal.

One I deleted the tmp files and restarted the terminal. I was able to access the file server by providing username and password, once I put in user and pass for the file server aloha saw my file server. It did some end of the day process and after that process it automatically restarts the terminal. It does this serveral times? any advice??

It looks as though it is doing the end of day process for each day since 20070614. How can I stop this?

I had took out the data out of newdata... and cut the folder of the day it was processing end of day. Now I am getting an error on terminal "Wrong security key

I don't know about the "wrong security key" message, but I do know how to get it to stop processing all of those EOD's. Open the DATA folder and double-click on Aloha.ini. Change the DOB to today's date. Do the same for the Aloha.ini file in the NEWDATA folder. When you run Aloha, it should not process all of those EOD's from 2007. Check the DOB on the bottom of the screen and make sure it's set to today's date.

When the CTLSVR service is started I get a "wrong security key installed" message. Anyone knows how to fix this?

When the CTLSVR service is started I get a "wrong security key installed" message. Anyone knows how to fix this?
Can anyone help me??

Rugby,
Did you do the obvious, checked if the key codes match your store info in Aloha store settings?

Since you said that EOD processing began for previous days it sounds like your networking is all good. I may be wrong but I believe that EOD could happen even without a properly setup key, but FOH definitly won't work.

Perhaps it would be easier for some of the experts here to help troubleshoot this if your were to paste up your ibercfg.bat (on terminal) and aloha.ini (server).

One last thing. What's the history here. Was this a working system somewhere and if yes, what has changed since to the system?

This is a copy of the Debout.svr file on the server

May 14, 19:55:08 ............................................................
May 14, 19:55:08 CTLSVR: Started CtlServiceThread... version 5.3.9.230
May 14, 19:55:08 CTLSVR 5.3.9.230 is running on workstation ALOHABOH
May 14, 19:55:08 CTLSVR: IBERDIR is C:\Aloha
May 14, 19:55:08 Operating system is Windows 2000 (BuildNumber 2195, Platform 2, Version 5.0, Service Pack 4)
May 14, 19:55:08 Hasp driver: Version 4.95, AutoDetect=Y, HaspLptPort=NULL
May 14, 19:55:08 LoadIberStrings() - Loaded version 5.3.9.0, IBERSTR.DLL
May 14, 19:55:08 CTLSVR: Is NOT running in SQLMODE.
May 14, 19:55:08 CTLSVR: bRobust = TRUE
May 14, 19:55:08 Failed to open C:\Aloha\SQL\SQL.INI
May 14, 19:55:09 Error: 0
May 14, 19:55:09 Error: 902620980

Since you said you took everything out of Data and NewData, this is the reason for your "Wrong Security Key" message.

Aloha.ini resides in both Data and NewData and contains your keycodes that associate with your HASP Security Key.

If you backed up your Aloha.ini before deleting, you should just restore it and your error will go away. However, if you did not back this up, you will need to contact your dealer to obtain your keycodes and you will need to manually enter them in Aloha Manager.

*NOTE: My advice is only advice. Use at your own risk. I can not be held liable for misuse or any other circumstances that may arise. It is your responsibility to have a valid backup of all data before performing a procedure of any kind.

make sure you can read and write on both terminal and file server just using the windows network. You don't need NETBUEI.

Once you confirm that you can read and write from windows then you will have to change your LANA number on the file server.

LANAcfg.exe is distributed with aloha tools.

It's a DOS executable.

Your network interface card that is connected to the aloha network on the file server should be set to ZERO!

If another card has the LANA Zero change that card to another number that isnt used and then change your card to Zero.

If you need the LANACFG file let me know I can post it online so you can download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back