Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha setting up packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdsdirect

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2011
US
Anybody have experience setting up meal packages? I.E. we want to set up a banquet package that includes an entrée, dessert and a drink for a set price. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

JD

We use Quick Combo's a lot for this.

Maintenance > Payments > Promotions.

Select the Quick Combo and then in the type specifics, use 3 components. One for the Entree, one for the Dessert and one for the drink. We use Auto-apply most often, makes it really easy.

Thanks for the reply...I already tried that but would run into a problem if guest does not want a drink or dessert. The promo will not apply because the total price is less than the package price. We also have packages where we allow 1 entrée, 1 dessert , and 2 drinks... if we sold 50 package and when things get ring up we might just have 50 entrees, and just 40 drinks(not everybody had 2 drinks) The system will then not allow us to apply the promo on the remaining 10 entrees because there are no drinks left making the component price less than the package. I hope i did not confuse you.

JD

We do sometimes set up mutliple QC's with various options (with or without certain components) or make a component optional. The pricing thing however you can't beat. Most of our customers actually like that in a restaurant setting, but for banqueting not ideal.

Other option would be modifier groups with forced modifiers.

The forced modifier would work for the most part, except the packages that includes alcohol. At which the food/liquor sales break down will not be captured.

JD

Do you mean like taxes? Doesn't that work if you just price the modifier itself instead of the root item? This is how we do hotel packages. In europe it's often inclusive taxes, it works perfect.

If we price the modifier itself, and the guest doesn't have a drink or dessert then the total price will not be correct(package price)

Only thing that rests then is pricing the root item and using refill modifiers

I'm using Tableservice, and use the Combo / Group Combo to do it. It allows me to set up the categories with a Min/Max number of items from each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back