Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Server Random Reboots 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmpwilson

Technical User
Mar 19, 2011
US
I am running Aloha 5.3.32 with 3 Terminals. Several times throughout the day, my BOH Server will reboot, locking up my FOH terminals. I never get any error messages, so don't know where to begin looking.

Things I've Done:

--Checked all hardware connections
--installed additional memory (now at 1 gig)
--turned all terminals off to see if still rebooting server (still rebooted several times)

I have had a couple IT people look at it and they haven't been able to find anything, nor even know where to begin.

Any help would be great. If I need to post more info, please let me know how to get what you need...

Thanks,

wmpwilson

Right click on my computer - select manage - open event viewer - check out applications and system.

Check the id tags for any caution or error's. If there are none before the system reboots it's Hardware issues and they don't usually leave an event. Post any that you think is revelent, you can also google them.

Cheers,
Coorsman

The Event Viewer doesn't have any relevant error messages. I too am leading towards Hardware issues, but don't know where to begin. I have added memory, and have checked to see if I can find any overheating issues, but haven't been able to locate any.

Do you know of a way to transfer my aloha program onto another server or hard-drive? I don't have the application disks, so need to either keep my hard-drive, or be able to copy in such a way that it will still work on a new server/computer.

Thanks,

Wmpwilson

Virus? Or just plain old and tired? 5.3 is time to upgrade anyway...

I can get you a copy of 5.3 install. You will need need a computer with xp pro and one that has a parallel port for your hasp key. Best bet is to get a used machine.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman---- That would be great. I came in this morning and have a config.sys error. I have gotten server up and running, but never know what is coming next. I need to get this resloved by this weekend, since I have special events scheduled--ribbon cutting, grand opening, mothers day, etc....

Anything else I will need to look for besides what you have already mentioned? If it is helpful for you, my cell num is--770-987-4771

Thanks,

William

Coorsman---thank you for link....how difficult will it be swapping to a new server? Do you have recommendations for harddrive size, configuration, etc...?

Will my terminals recognize the new server like a plug and play device, or should I get someone with more experience to install new server?

I have a FAQ listed above - Installing aloha on a new server.

Cheers,
Coorsman

William, If you need any assistance I can help with your project and am in your area. It's a pretty quick process after you have done it a few thousand times... If you do need a used (off lease) computer the best bet in the area is going to be Microcenter...

To POSRESCUE--I have gotten a new refurbished server today. Any help setting it up would be great. I posted my number for coorsman, you are welcome to give me a call.

Thanks---770-987-4771

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back