Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha, Replaced Terminal, Items ordered with new terminal not being sent to video display

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuentric

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2015
US
I had to replace term2 on a 5 terminal Aloha system. All is working fine on the new terminal, except no items are being sent to the "grill" video display. For example, I can order a hamburger and chips on term1, 3, 4, or 5, and the chips will print in the kitchen, and the burger will go to a video display that is near the grill. If I place the same order on the new term2, the chips will print in kitchen, but the burger is not sent to the video display. This was not an issue with the original term2 that died, so I'm not sure where to begin. Thanks in advance for your help. -fuentric

Aloha TableService 6.7.24
QSR Automations KDS 7
RDS Console 7.0

In the ibercfg.bat file that starts Aloha on the other terminals, check for anything in regards to "SET QSRVIDEO" or something, and put the same things on the new terminal if it does. Also most QSR setups need XMLRDS.DLL, XMLKDS.DLL, and XMLTABLE.DLL placed in the Windows\System(32) and Aloha(QS)\bin folders, check to see if the other terminals have this. Finally maybe try registering ALOHAQSR.DLL (REGSVR32.EXE %LOCALDIR%\BIN\ALOHAQSR.DLL).

Thank you for the reply. I'll take a look at that and post results. I do remember term3 had a few QSR fields in ibercfg.bat, but those fields are not on the .bat file on any of the other terminals. I'll copy the QSR lines from the bat file on term3 to term2 to see if it fixes issue.

When checking the dll files, do you mean on the FOh terminals? Or BOH server?

No luck so far. I tried the following.

1) Term3 is the only terminal that referenced QSR in the ibercfg.bat file. I copied the following 5 lines from the file on term3 to the file on term2. Restarted term2, and issue was not resolved. Items ordered from term2 still not going to the video display.

SET QSRDEBUG=FALSE
SET QSRLOCALPORT=0x6000
SET QSRLOCALADDR=AnyAddress
SET QSRKDSPORT=0x8000
SET QSRKDSADDR=AnyAddress
SET QSRDRIVETHRU=FALSE

2) The 3 dll files (XMLRDS.DLL, XMLKDS.DLL, and XMLTABLE.DLL) do reside in Aloha\bin folder on all 5 terminals and also on BOH. However, those files are not in System32 on FOH. Only BOH has the dll files in System32. I ran the following on term2 and received a "registration successful", but it did not resolve issue.

regsvr32.exe C:\Aloha\BIN\alohaqsr.dll

Any other ideas?

You need to install the QSR software on the FOH for it to work.
KDSSetup.exe

@ErikWong -

Thank you for the hint. At first glance, I can't seem to find the KDSSetup.exe installer anywhere on BOH. I'll continue hunting. I haven't had any luck with Google either.

I guess I didn't realize that FOH needed an additional install for video to work. I assumed everything was run from "QSR Automations KDS 7", which is installed on BOH.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks again!
-fuentric

Issue still not resolved. Did not find a kds installer for term2. I'm not sure if I even need to install anything on term 2. I compared programs list with the other terminals and all match up. Not sure why items ordered from this single terminal won't send to the video monitor, but all terminals work fine. Items also print fine to physical printer from all terminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back