Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha really acting odd, won't grind etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt5133e

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
this just started acting up tonight.

Version: Aloha TS 5.3.23
2 terminals 1 BOH server.

When I open Aloha manager I get this message.:

"The Aloha POS licensinceing agreement is either missing or corrupt. Please contact customer service for assistance."

I click ok and go log on and everything seems fine. When I was trying to do some normal stuff like get a sales report for today I got the another error message, "can't run GRIND.EXE, (file not found)"

I can look at all other days etc so I don't get what is going on.

I tried to do a force end of day since we were close any way and it looks like it started but then hosed. Right now the terminals both say "waiting for 20071127 to grind"

help please!

Ok so I have been reading the forum and trying to get this thing to work for some hours now! I moved the 20071127 folder and rebooted the terminals and boh. I also changed the dob to match the correct date, so I am in business for tomorrow but I still can't grind? I searched the computer for the grind.exe file and didn't find it! so... something happened to it I suppose. The closest thing I find is egrind.exe and grindq.exe

So I don't know what happened, why or how to fix it yet! But I can go home and get some sleep and hope for an answer tomorrow!

thanks

Eric

You're on the right track. Your files are missing or in the wrong directory. This is why you get a license error (Aloha.lic) missing and why you can't view current sales (requires grind.exe). Older sales do not require grind.exe to view. Aloha.lic is in the ALOHA directory, and grind.exe is in the ALOHA\BIN directory.

Several ways to fix - Find the missing files, Re-install over from the Aloha CD, Get an upgrade pack (Contains all BIN folder files, or try copying the files from the BIN directory on a terminal).

The POS Forum

Ok I did a search on both the terminals and the boh and didn't find either the aloha.lic or grind.exe, where would I get an upgrade pack? If some one can point me to a place to get it that would be nice.

Also my vendor that installed the system did not leave me the Aloha CD, I think I am going to make a call. I think I should have one since I paid for the software! Not really happy with them, was a bad install and took months of Trouble shooting to make the system to work right and usually the system works fine but when I have a problem, I am digging around trying to fix it myself.

Another question, anyone know of a good company to get support from?

thanks

Eric

update:

so I got in touch with a sister store and copied the files that were missing from the Alohaqs directory and now everything works!!! Seems that the files in this directory were deleted some how!? Well now that I have it up and running it's time to back it up like I should have already huh? Dumb me I know. Any body got any suggestions for what to back up? Just the Alohaqs and all sub directories or more? thanks again

Still have to make a call to my reseller that I am not happy with since they did not give me a copy of the software that I paid for, kind of like a parent keeping the keys to the car, that you paid for! Don't really want to name names on what company this is. Don't know if it's appropriate or not. I guess if I was happy I would tell everyone so I probably should tell when when I am not, it happens to me every day... hmm something to think about.

cheers,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back