Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha RAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerdeb

MIS
Jul 27, 2015
US
New versions of RAL appear to be quite buggy. Trying to resolve issues with service not starting after install on v14.x and v15.x. Some suggestions have been made that it may be related to LANA config. Troubleshooting the multicast communication has not provided any evidence that the issue is related to network switch the devices are connected to. Is there anyone out there that is experiencing the same or similar issues? How was it resolved?

Thanks for the reply. RAL is currently downgraded but we need to move forward and eventually end up on v15.x

check the service and make sure on the last tab to have service restart after 1st, 2nd ect failures and keep restarting. Also if not set, change from local account to user assigned one. The same way EDC should be setup. .
Its easy to check the lananumber, and make sure its 0.
Lastly are you using 1 nic or 2.
If 2 ncs disregard, if 1; make sure the ip address Aloha users XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX are lower than the alternat ip address
example 10.10.10.100 is ALoha, alternet can not be 10.10.9.XXX.or lower. Alternet lan needs to be atleast 10.10.11.1
Best to use 10.xxx.xxx.xxx for Aloha and 172.XXX.XXX.XXX or 192.XXX.XXX.XXX as alternet for internet. provided your internet router is setup that way.

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Whats the error that shows up when you can't start the service? It should write to the event log. Generally if a service cant start its tied to some dependency outside the actual software.

I guess the first step is clarifying what you mean by "service not starting" are you referring to the service located in services.msc or the actual program itself not loading?

...still troubleshooting to make sure we have the right answer, however, it appears the issue is tied to orphaned LANA entries in the registry in the image.

If you are sure its a Lana issue make sure the nic is using lana 0
if Win7 run cmd as administrator
lanacfg setlananumber # 0
Where # represents the nic you want to be lana 0
lanacfg rewritelanainfo
then reboot

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

I am also experiencing the same issue. I can have RAL 2.3.2.18 running without issue, then attempt to upgrade to v14 or v15 and it all goes to hell. I was told by NCR v14 is buggy and to avoid it, but I experience same issues on v15. On one lab, I was able to successfully upgrade to v15, but haven't been able to duplicate the success. I also thought the issue was tied to the orphaned lana entries, but now doubt that conclusion. I'd like to find a way to remove those orphaned entries, but have yet to find a way. I have an open case with NCR on this issue and will share any results I get. We need v14 or 15 due to the support for Aloha Kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back