Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha QS - Dividing Product Mix by Order Mode (For Here/To Go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvlax50

Technical User
May 27, 2008
US
Is there a way to split my product mix report by order mode? For example, if entrees come with a cold side (potato salad, etc) that comes in a monkey dish if it's for here or a 4oz soufflé cup when it's to go, I want to see how many of each side we typically do to go so that we can have a par level for how many of each side to cup up before service. I would prefer to be able to do it in the pmix report, but item forecasting would be handy too.

This seems like something that Aloha should be able to do, but I have never come across how to do it, and I can't find it in the manual. Thanks.

The best way to do this is to set up revenue centers.
Create 2 revenue centers, "dine-in" and to-go for example. Assign "dine-in" to your current jobcodes' revenue center. Create a new to-go jobcode and assign the "to-go" revenue center to it.
Create a generic to-go employee that has the jobcode assigned to it, have all your employees use the to-go login when ringing up to-go orders.
On the pmix report there's an option to divide by revenue center and you'll be able to see the difference between dine-in and to-go.

We take orders at the counter. Customers in line place orders for here and to go at the same terminals. We I thought of that solution, but that would require the employee to log out and log back in depending on wether the order is for dine in or take out. That slows down speed of service way too much and is impossible to train staff to remember. I can't believe there's no setting in product mix to group by order mode instead of revenue center. It seems like such a simple and useful feature.

If you've already got order modes setup then it's a lot easier. Setting up the order modes to work with the screen flow is a pain in the butt which is why I suggested using a dedicated employee, but since you've got them then we might as well use them.[bigsmile]
Under order mode settings you can assign each Order Mode to a Revenue Center.

See, I thought I would be able to assign each order mode to a revenue center. That sounds like how it should be done. And I've seen a bunch of things online that say just go into order mode settings and assign it to a revenue center. But there's no option for assigning a revenue center in order mode settings. Either I'm losing my mind or the setting that everyone is telling me should be there isn't there.

There are three tabs under "Order Mode Maintenance". I've attached a screenshot of each tab. Nothing in there says anything about revenue centers. I also looked under revenue center maintenance to see if you could assign order modes in there. Nothing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

ordermodes1_jkwgai.png

ordermodes2_ghznxq.png

ordermodes3_t4etmz.png

Hmmm I'm not very familiar with that GUI. It could under the revenue centers in the lower left-hand corner or under the edit menu?

This is what revenue centers shows me. And that edit button is just the button that you press to edit that particular entry. For example, in the first screenshot below the edit button hasn't been hit yet since i'm still selecting the "code". In the second one I hit it, so the save and cancel buttons are enabled. It's Aloha QS 6.7.53 if that helps.

revenuecenter1_jkhpxb.png

revenuecenter2_rjp04w.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back