Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Prints full CC#'s on reciepts, i don't want that 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

triphoss

Technical User
May 8, 2005
US
I am in Maint/store settings/ credit card

I am looking to change my reciept printing so that numbers are masked on both copies of the reciept that print but I have only two options

credit card number Mask:

"Always show full number"
"Only Show last four digits except on 1st voucher"

Why can't I mask on both? Better yet, what do I have to do to mask on both?

Upgrade. The newer versions are now compliant with the newest laws on that. Then there will be three options in the credit card setup.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

Bo is right, and unfortunately, that's the ONLY way fix it. In my opinion, Radiant kind of left everyone out in the cold on that one. They could easily have written a patch to comply with this new law, but have instead decided it would be more profitable to force customers to upgrade to get something that was, in a way, due to their lack of foresight to begin with. Other POS systems have been blocking out both copies of the receipt with the convention xxx-xxxx-xxxx-1234 for a while now.

To be fair to Aloha, they have released patches for 5.2.7 and 5.2.8 which are the last 2 versions before 5.3. Personally, if you are up on your Aloha maintenance, putting these patches in should only cost you 15 minutes from your dealer. When I do an upgrade for a client, I PCAW into their site and I have it done in about 15 minutes. If it takes longer, that's my fault, and I still charge only 15 minutes. So, if your dealer is fair, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you haven't kept up on your maintenance (Membership which allows you access to the latest version and patches), Aloha has an amnesty program going on, and for 99 bucks they will get you back onto the latest version. If your dealer hasn't mentioned this, they aren't doing their job!!

Adam

You are one of the few who only charge a 15 minute call. Most pos dealers (not just Aloha dealers) charge non maintenance customers a one hour minimum.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-

Adam

I do not have a good relationship with the local reseller, I purchased a restaurant with outdated software, but the previous owner did not pay his bills, so they will not service me as a new account. do you have a link to any more info on the amnesty program? I think there is a second vendor in my area I could approach.

Trip

triphoss,
I can probably help, but I am new to this forum and unfamiliar with whats allowed and not allowed. Tell me what I can do. I know the dealers in most of the country.

The amnesty program stops at the end of this month. My suggestion to you is to talk with Aloha directly about what can be done. I personally don't think that it's legal for them to hold you responsible for a prior owners bills. Go to to get a contact number for them.

Adam

Try calling Paul Langenbauhn in Dallas (817)252-9499
all dealers report to him.

Adamdr,Until he re-registers the software in his name, oh yes they can. All POS systems own their software and only lease it to the person who has purchased the rights to use it. If someone buys an aloha system off ebay aloha/Radiant is not going to support it until it is registered, which means the purchaser has bought the rights to use it. A dealer can help him set it up and get it going, but Aloha/Radiant will not give out key codes for upgrades. I don't agree with it completely either but that is the way it works.
And not all dealers report to Paul Langenbauhn.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-

Bo,

I agree on what you're saying as far as the software is concerned. From what I understand, the dealer won't do any work for them until the bill for prior service is paid. That means hardware fixes, software configuring, etc. That's the part that's not legal, the service provided be the dealer. The dealer has to go after the old owner for that. I never said that they didn't have to pay to have the key switched over. That part is dealing with licensing, I'm talking about what the dealer did for the prior owner, I'm not talking about licensing.

Yo Bo.
Who else do they report to? I thought paul replaced Lee Harville as head of channel services.

Dealers have a regional (RSM) that they report to. The guy we report to is over ohio, KY, IN and maybe a few more.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-

I think your talking about Jack Dugan. He's the regional for KY. he does the day to day and reports to Paul, who approves all dealer sign ups and cancelations for the nation. All good guy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back