Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha printer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler121515

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
US
Hi guys,

I have in my kitchen two printers. One called just "Kithen", where entrees, apps, and salads print, and the other one called "Sushi", which is where the sushi itmes print and is located in the sushi area. What I would like is for the sushi items to also print on the "Kitchen" tickets with the other food items so the cooks know what sushi goes with what other food items, while at the same, the sushi (and only the sushi) prints at the sushi printer. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help,
Tyler

Go to Maintenance
Store Settings
Printing Chits
Chit Content Tab
Enable "Print all items being ordered"

Might be different on other versions of aloha than the version I run.

I think it might be better to create a print group. Go to Maintenance --> Hardware --> Printer groups. In here you can create a new group that includes both the kitchen and sushi printer (maybe call it "Both"). Then you assign the specific items to that new printer group.

Go to the item (tuna roll for example) and if you click the drop down box where it says printer you should now have a new print group called both to choose from.

Good luck!!

I have a somewhat related question. All my printing in Aloha is working correct. what I need is for certain groups (i.e. Wine tickets) to print on the terminal where they are run, as opposed to now, as they all are defaulted to the "service bar." any help would be much appreciated.

You could handle this a couple of ways. In most cases you don't want the ticket to print where you are at but at a specific service bar. For instance you have an upstairs and downstairs service bar and want item to print at the service bar closest to the terminal they were ordered from at the time.

There is an even to reroute a print group by terminal.

So you make a SRV BAR UP (up stairs) print group and use that as your default on all your wine for instance and then then you make a SRV BAR DW (down stairs). You then make a rerouting event for each terminal that is downstair to reroute SRV BAR UP to SRV BAR DS. Then any items that would have printed upstairs when ordered on that terminal are printed downstair instead.

Is this what you are looking for???

--
Visit my website site a pasupportsolutions.com for cool tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back