Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Printer Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothiespc

Technical User
May 4, 2010
US
My Aloha system has te drivers for many different printers, including the Epson TM-U200 models, which I currently use. I purchased an Epson TM-220, but the drivers for this model are not on the Aloha Maintenance Hardware portion there isn't a selection for teh TM-220. I downloaded the drivers and installed them on the terminal, but I know this does'nt interact with Aloha. How do I install the drivers onto Aloha so I can use this printer on the terminal?

If you have the TM-U220, go ahead and use the built-in driver for the TM-U200. I currently have mine set up that way and it works fine.

It doesn't have the built in for TM-220. Just has the TM-200 and a plethora of other models.

Uninstall the driver that you installed onto the terminal. If you use the port settings in aloha it will interfere if you have the windows drivers installed.
There is no need to install any printer drivers on the terminal. Aloha will connect directly to them, and the "TM-200" setting will work fine. If it still doesnt print its mostly like the dip-switch settings on the bottom of the printer need to be set properly.

you do not need to install drivers for your aloha printers in windows to work with aloha. printers connect to aloha via. serial ports, LPT, and ethernet using opos. You can also use usb opos. depending on what type of card is on the back of your printer you will need connectors for them to work. please tell us how it is connected to the system and what type of ports are you using.

How do I check the dip-switch? The printers are connected to the terminals via serial port. I do have the connectors in place. When I first put the 220(on inplace of the 200) it started printing lines of ???? and ** and other symbols.

3,5,6, should be on in bank 1 and 2 and 4 on bank 2.
what type of terminal are you using and what connector?

Where would I find the banks to check the switching. I took the bottom plate off and didn't see anything. I am using a Javelin Viper 1.5 via com3 to the printer port on the epson printer (LPT?) The connector would be that reduces the printer port(9 pin I believe) down to accept a cat5 cable. Thanks

javelin would need a special kind of 4pin on the back of the serial printer for it to work.

Yes it has it. I may not know all the proper terminology, but the connections and connector are correct. I was just refering to the fact that I think that that is traditionally called a 9-pin port, but the connector reduces the cat-5 to the 4 pins that are necessary for the connection. Where would I find the dip-switch to check the positioning on the printer? Thanks!

underneath the printer you will see a little cover with 1 screw. when you remove the cover you will see the dip switches. depending on what type of model it might be off to the side alitte.

Thank you very much. I will try the switch positions soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back