Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Price Changes & Comps/Promo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremywatco

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2012
US
Hi There,

Until recently for Happy Hour we maintained two sets of items numbers. HH & Non-HH, and also utilized HH specific submenus governed by events. This worked good. This year we decided to streamline things and try out using just a single item number and change prices with price change events linked to specific revenue centers. We got rid of the submenus and duplicate items. For Happy Hour this works great and our FOH servers prefer this method as they just ring in an item without having to think if its on Happy Hour or Not.

OK.. now for my problem..

Using price changes we've ran into a road block. Comps & Promo's. We have a number of comp's and promo's that include these same numbers that are on Happy Hour. We do a promotion where each weds all glasses of wine are $1 off. Well we also offer a few glasses of these same wines on Happy Hour. As you guessed it, when closing checks a few glasses are getting double discounted (Once because of the lower price on the HH Price Change and again for the Promo taking $1 off).

Removing these glasses of wine from that category doesnt help as once HH ends (price change disabled) these glasses of wine need to be eligible.

So what I am trying to do is find a way to make ineligible items that are effected by this price change. I am open to any/all ideas. The end goal is to make it a simple process for all. For the promo listed above, making a server select which glasses to discount on the promo isnt reasonable as its prone to too many mistakes and allowed for abuse when wanting to double discount a regular or something.

Ideally I'd like to not go back to double item numbers.

Thanks

make a new non sales catagory with the HH items not in it
make new promo during hh with only that new Non sales catagory
then in events schedule the 2 different promos to activate and deactivate
HH promo that does not include the $1 off wines and when HH is over the other promo that has all the wines.
I bit of a pain to program but it will do what you want.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

Sounds like you need to clean up your promotions.

Isn't it much easier to just do $1 off throughout the day, normal HH pricing during HH, then back to $1.00 off once HH ends? Why try to run double promotions for items during the same time? Just causes headaches.

Just setup an event to run from the morning until HH for $1.00 off and then have it turn back on when HH is over.

Either that or get rid of HH wine all together for Wednesdays and just run the $1.00 off promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back