Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Pos. waiting to grind issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

askchadwick

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2007
US
Moved server to new machine. 6.2.17.
Having to manually grind the day via command line
and manually increment the batch number in edc.ini to settle batch.

I have checked and made sure ctlsvr and edcsvr are registered with user that has administrative permissions and checked Aloha.ini for spaces.
reinstalled .net and c++
At a loss..

any recommendations?

What operating system on new server? It looks likeyourenvironment variables aren't set correctly.

Cheers,
Coorsman

win xp sp 3
set EDCProcPath
set iberdir
set iberroot
set logonserver
set server

am I missing any?

no go.....even checked the case of the letters for the directory names...

case of the mondays....take 15

did you check the system event setting? I remember somewhere marks 24-hour operation and ours set up at time 29:00 run EOD

Are you sure the terminals are not in redundancy? Check all the terminals \aloha\downtime.ini file it should say LastFileServer=Alohaboh

Cheers,
Coorsman

Not in redundancy.downtime.ini reads correctly......I deleted and created a new events.cfg file from scratch..
dated directory actually gets generated and populated..just doesn't grind automatically
and batch number doesn't increment upon settlement of batch.

For kicks I went back and deleted a gnddbf30.xxx from a previous day. and the grind did not start either.

also double checked that the user name used to register services has admin access

anyone have and iso for 6.2.12...?

latedlated. but b

I can download the latest 6.2 to you this weekend. When donw I'll send a link to my drop box.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back