Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS Terminals "Waiting for System Config to Complete"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2009
US
Tried rebooting everything...terminals still coming up with "Waiting on System Configuration to Complete".

Shut down the entire system, main POS, and 4 terminals. started POS, logged onto Aloha Manager. Walked to main terminal, booted up. went through its boot process...last thing I saw was "File Server 0" than straight to "Waiting for System Configuration to Complete"

any love???

When Aloha boots up, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and open Task Manager. See if there is a batch file open; if there is, right-click that and close it. Then kill the IBER.EXE process. That should get you to the Windows desktop.

im sorry for the possibly ignorant message but i want to make sure I'm fully understanding this. on the file server, i'd boot up, task manager, kill a batch file if its open and kill the iber.exe process. Now doing that on the file server would get me to the windows desktop on each terminal? than I can use the touch screen on the terminal to share the hard drive?

i would never have thought that was possible. I've never seen an aloha terminal go to windows and ive been working in restaurants with aloha for a long time.

thanks very much

I completely understand. You would do that process on the front of house terminals.

but than I would need a keyboard? all i have is 4 touch screens with on/off buttons. am i missing something?

alright, so it should be as simple as plugging a usb keyboard into each terminal? sounds simple enough

i'll be back in the morning with an update. I just dont understand how this problem got created in the first place. seems pretty extensive to fix this.

thanks buddy

Update:

seems everything is fixed now...I gave plenty of time to make sure it didnt reoccur. MegabyteCoffee was able to fix my permissions. We had to get around my old POS tech companies "secret" passwords to do so and had it up and running in under 45 minutes. no more issues on that. Thanks for everyones help!

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back