Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS terminal refresh data reboot control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2015
US
Aloha Techs,
I have installed new terminals to a site running 6.5.14 the terminals are running pos ready 2009 and pos ready 7, the ibercfg.bat could not be created during term install with error unknown windows version, I manually created the Ibercfg.bat. Now when I do a refresh data or EOD the terminals will not reboot iber.exe is just killed. Anyone know the control to force the terminals to reboot during a refresh or EOD? I am using another batch to bring it up in the morning before the site notices but I would like to get this control in so I can set the best new terminal to the master Its not wise to do that if the machine won't reboot in sync. Any experience on this or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Compare yours to mine in the highlighted section. The reason for the failure on the win7 is term install want to put short cut in documents and settings and win7 does not use that any longer it uses users.

SET IBERROOT=Aloha
SET LOCALDIR=C:\bootdrv\Aloha
SET CALIBRATE=C:\Aloha\bin\calib.exe
SET EDCPATH=\\ALOHABOH\BOOTDRV\Aloha\EDC
SET TERMSTR=TERM
SET TERM=1
SET NUMTERMS=5
SET SERVER=ALOHABOH
SET MASTERCAPABLE=TRUE
SET SERVERCAPABLE=TRUE
SET DOUBLECLICK=TRUE
[highlight #FCE94F]SET AUTOEXIT=TRUE
SET REBOOTNT=FALSE[/highlight] Only set false if you have adjusted the registry to forceautologon=true and run control userpasswords2
COPY %LOCALDIR%\newbin\*.* %LOCALDIR%\bin
ECHO y | DEL %LOCALDIR%\newbin\*.*
START C:\bootdrv\Aloha\BIN\IBER.EXE

AlohaRoss

WireWizard808,

In the future when doing term install on POS 7 terminals, you should make sure you run the executable as administrator and also in windows xp compatibility mode. This will allow the OS to create the ibercfg.bat file and place it in the start up folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back