Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aloha pos terminal add on question

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvergun82

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2012
US
We have a resturant running aloha pos 6.7 with 8 foh terminals and winxp as server. Our goal is to add additional 2 more terminal to our resturant. Our reseller or ncr is telling us that we need windows 2008 server to accommodate 10 terminals. Winxp or win 7 cannot run more than 8 terminal according to our reseller and I just wanted to make sure.

I was under the impression Windows 7 Pro was good for 20 CAL's. Either was they could use RFS communication to bypass the 10 CAL XP limit if they really wanted too.

Is there any other option for my store to call a different branch of ncr or reseller to help us with completing our goal?? I am willing to pay for 2 more license a new server (thats not windows 2008 server). And of course the installation. In dallas area.

What you do is purchase the server through a third party and have them configure/install the software. Once that is in place contact your reseller again and purchase the license upgrade.

The other thing you may wish to consider is if you are not using RFS you will also need a terminal(s) that can also accept the additional connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back