Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS Skins in SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boccepalazzo

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2014
US
Aloha version 6.7.44
Uses SQL VERSION

Trying to create some custom skins colors for the FOH skins/themes
There are existing skins included that work fine.
I read an article about editing EGI.CFG to change the skins but realized that SQL will overwrite the file upon refresh data. I found the skins table in SQL and found and can edit the colors so I know what to do to edit them.

The only problem is with the color codes listed. They don't seem to relate to any color format I can find. Not RGB, decimal, HEX. Upon refresh the EGI.CFG show the updated RGB values of the color code listed in SQL but for the life of me I can't figure out what those numbers mean within the skins table of SQL. I figured out white and black and all the codes are preceded with a - minus symbol.

Is this some secret color code developed by Aloha?

SQL as in full blown Aloha SQL or SQL as in New Aloha Manager/Configuration Center? I am under the impression that last version that allowed full SQL instead of DBF was 6.5. There is a skins SQL table in New Aloha Manager/Configuration Center, but those are actually controlled in the System Settings>Skins section. You would have a hell of a time trying to figure out what those numbers correlate to.

Well there are DBF files in the data folder the system seems to use, however the only place I can seem to edit anything are directly in aloha manager or SQL tables only as editing anything in data or newdata gets overwritten by SQL upon refresh. In aloha manager under System Settings>Skins section I can only change from one theme to another but not add or edit any of them.

I'm afraid it's like you said that Aloha has invented their own secret color code in the SQL database.

I've changed the Halloween skin colors some and it shows up in the FOH but obviously I'm guessing as entering decimal color codes don't work.

Thanks for the response dauphin2

If yours looks similar to this but you don't have the options to edit the colors, then you don't have proper access in your security role. Changing this varies depending on if you have stand alone Aloha Manager or host based Configuration Center. If it doesn't look like this then I'm not sure what you have.

CEwMC6j.jpg

Yes it does look like that but without the options. I thought I had everything checked. I only have aloha manager for configuration.

Thank you so much

P.S. I'm a moron.

Thanks to dauphin2 it was easy to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back