Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha pos grind.ex options

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaRoss

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2009
TH
Does nayone have a complete list of all the grind.exe options

These I know
grind.exe /date date
grind.exe /trans.log fixlog

Looking for the syntax to do version upgrade of trans.log

AlohaRoss

spelled like Aloha but NCR won't let me use Aloha in my domain anymore

Dauphin as always you have the right answers.
Any idea why would I keep getting error about running database upgrade even if I have already ran dbconfig on that dated folder.
Command line I was using was as follows while in the dated subfolder.

c:\bootdrv\alohaqs\bin\grindq.exe /forceconvertlog trans.log

AlohaRoss

This might help....

DEBUG
Description
Generates extra debugging information in the Debout files.

System Variable Example
N/A

Command Line Example
GRIND.EXE /DEBUG

Description
Generates additional debug information in the debout files when converting a transaction log, and it is used with the CONVERTTRANSLOG function. Has the same effect as the DEBUGCONVERTTRANSLOG variable.

System Variable Example
N/A

Command Line Example
GRIND.EXE /DEBUGCONVERTLOG /CONVERTTRANS.LOG

Description
Generates additional debug information in the debout files when converting a transaction log. This variable is considered true regardless of the assigned value. If this variable is not desired, completely remove it.

System Variable Example
SET DEBUGCONVERTTRANSLOG=TRUE

Command Line Example
N/A

Depends on the circumstance. forceconvertlog is usually used for the DATA folder right after an upgrade on a current says trans.log. If that error is popping up for a dated sub or could be anything from the version to missing files, wrong directly, invalid variables. Debout.g01, debout.U000, and debout.txt should provide the answer. To me that error looks like your are trying to run grindq for c:\bootdrv\alohaqs\.

you can also use /balance to output the sales to txt file

Dauphin2 I agree its not running on the correct folder even though I am running grindq from within dated folder. any suggestion on running it a different way.

run all from c:\>
c:\bootdrv\alohaqs\bin\grindq.exe /forceconvertlog c:\bootdrv\alohaqs\20150607\trans.log

I was going to give this a try tomorrow and see if I get better luck

AlohaRoss

I don't know if it works for dated subs (I assume it does, but I've never done it), but for a dated sub Forceconverlog it would be more like this - c:\bootdrv\alohaqs\bin\grindq /date 20150426 /forceconvertlog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back