Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS Custom Button 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

demo7up

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2010
US
I want to setup a custom order screen button and set the function type to "run application". So I can have the waiters run "calc.exe" to calc their tips.

I know this is possible just cant find where to do it any help is much appreciated.

If you have Aloha TableService, you would have to do this from the floor plan. Create a new button, choose the "Run Application" function, and enter the path to calc.exe in the field provided.

If not using floor plan you can customize the lower right area only.
Floor Plan, Create new panel, order screen, new button, run application, and then recreate the other buttons you want to keep as well because this will cover all of the existing.
Then go to events, add set order screen panel for the job codes that get it.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

You would be better off calling a batch file that either checks for he existance of Calc.exe and activates it or simple kills previous tasks of calc.exe and opens it again. You don't want tons of calc.exe running in the background.

I have to wonder, what tips are they calculating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back