Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS - Creating automated reports or finding someone who can help for hire. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim_Brady

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2018
US
Are there any websites or places where I can hire someone to help me create some automated reports and then instructions to set up a way for them to be emailed or uploaded to an FTP server? I've read through some of what has been posted to rpt.exe but I'm struggling to troubleshoot when it doesn't work.

The one report I'm really struggling with setting up is a Speed of Service Report from Aloha Kitchen to see what the breakdown of bump times is. I like the reporting in Aloha, but I'd like to use it at more locations and automate it.

I've managed exporting Comps Summary, DSR, Deposits, Hourly Sales, Labor, Sales & Labor Reports and scheduling them to be printed or exported, but I haven't figure out how to automate emailing from the BOH to an external email address.

Thanks so much!

check out axialcommerce.com
you may be able to work with their developers to create the custom reports you are looking for. If the metadata you are looking for can be found in the gnd***.dbf files, they can run queries against that data.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Thank you AlohaRoss. I'll have the review the grind files, but after looking through resources online, there's a possibility that Aloha Kitchen is encrypted and the only real way to collect data is from CFC or Insight. I haven't given up yet, but if Axial Commerce were able to get that data into a report, I'd be all over it.

AK data is kept in the kitchen log, and is only reportable via Aloha Kitchen - unless you are a SQL person and can read direct data from there. Unlike Aloha, there is no rpt setup.
Depending on your circumstances, you might not be able to get the data as SQL and AK just don't like each other like in my environment at some stores. The below data is based on POS 12.3.80.10804, Kitchen 17.2.4.7. Please excuse the disaster below

1. Try running reports out of CFC (if you are using it). See if the AKV data shows up.
2. If not, change the AKV servie logon to the local system account, then restart the AKV service.

Debout.<date>.AlohaKitchenExport.9999.txt

These files should be in each dated sub.
AK.2020XXXX.log.zip
AK_Export.Done
AK_ExternalExport.Done
AlohaKitchen.cfg.zip

This generally happens because the service account for AK lost it’s permission to access the SQL reporting.

%CFCPath% InStoreBins>Cfcdatabasemanager.exe /RebuildReporting
Run a CFC refresh then do an AKV data export via CFC
Now, run this
%CFCPath% InStoreBins>Cfcdatabasemanager.exe /RepairLogin /AlohaReporting

Now, AKV will not generate any files like Aloha will (aka grind). Once the data is exportable:
1. Manually export it.
2. Come up with a script that can run via cmd line.
3. Grab a program that can access SQL and you can export it automatically from there, or export the sql data into an XML and load it into whatever you want.
Look in SQL for tables that start with dbo.KITCHEN_
Also, i'd recommend this group instead..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back