Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha pos. Can't reprint checkouts or change report settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boccepalazzo

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2014
US
Aloha pos. Can't reprint checkouts or change report settings.

I could reprint checks, drawer reports, employee reports and change settings of all the sales reports this morning. Never touched the server all day but now all these options are greyed out. Settings, add and delete under the report of sales summary and the like are greyed out.

What might have changed?

It seems the ability to access this under security roles is correct under aloha manager and pos.

This has affected every security role except the hidden users.

I'm stumped

Sounds like someone has changed your back office security level. Depending on your version you may be able to go back and fix it. The 3 files you would need to copy from perhaps 2 days ago dated folder would be.

emp.dbf
seclvl.dbf
seclvldt.dbf

Close Aloha Manager
Make backup of these 3 files in th newdata folder
copy the 3 files from the dated folder into the newdata folder
restart aloha manager
If you added any employees in the past 2 days you will have to add them again

AlohaRoss

Thanks alohaross

You're quite the guru

I'll give it a try and report back

Just thinking. Audit logs don't show any changes. But aloha support was doing some changes to the system the previous night. I'm betting betting they changed something and altered the security roles after data was refreshed.

Update. Went through and the DBF files are ok.
Still same problem.

All the indexes are ok and even deleted the aloha index files cdx tdx if I recall and used dbcreate.exe and reindexed.

I copied my employee number and created a new user with same permissions and that one works just fine.

So the issue only affected existing users. Not newly created ones so settings are correct. There's some bad file in the the data folder somewhere but what.
Could be somewhere else.

The issue only affects reports. All other permissions are intact.

Update.
Reset password of all existing users fixed the problem.

No idea why but it did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back