Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS 6.4.19 Anti Virus Software Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua34

Technical User
Jan 4, 2008
US
Hi, I'm looking for recommedations on virus software that plays nice with Aloha. I was told Symantec causes problems is this true? I'm running Xp pro sp2 on the file server.

AVG, free version will work, but the paid version is obviously best.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

If you are going down the free route, then check out
Microsoft Security Essentials.
It doesn't cause conflicts with Aloha. -Microsoft does have an Enterprise version called Forefront.

But, If you want a version to manage, control, set policies, and restrict access to, then I'd recommend Vexira.

Trend Micro, Kaspersky,and even Symantec were a pain to work with. -Not talking about home/consumer versions. Full enterprise rollouts on Aloha systems.

MegabyteCoffee.com

The Software Development Kit (SDK) is geared to writing components or applications that will interface with another piece of software or device. In order to learn more the best is to request the documentation. Of course that depends on if they will provide it or not.

point of sale | Security Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back