Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha PMIX report

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveklein

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2010
I'm wondering if any one knows where to find the configuration file for the PMIX report (Product Mix). I need to modify it to include the BOH name filed in that report, so it can be exported as a csv file and uploaded to an inventory control software.

Or i just need to be able to create a daily version of the PMIX that would show BOH NAME, ITEM NUMBER, NUMBER SOLD that's it really, and be able to export to csv and upload to an offsite server.

thanks.

I think what you are looking for can be found much easier in the GNDITEM.dbf in bootdrv\aloha\(dated sub).

Using an exported PMIX report could cause some funky numbers since items can show multiple times in the report.

You can get the BOH Name in the GNDITEM under the Unit field. This field comes from an entry in the Aloha.ini. Be sure that the unit number in the Aloha.ini equals your BOH name and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the quick reply "99GuinnessLover"

I made a mistake in my post. I should have said the "control name" for each item in my item maintenance. not sure if that makes any difference to your response, but i'm not finding a related field in the Aloha.ini.

I know it's possible to do, just not sure how, but when i run the pmix report, i need it to have one extra column which will shows the data entered into the "control name" for each item on that report.

my other software will use that field instead of the item number as it's references for the number of times that particular item was sold.

thanks,

This command added to your Winhook file will accomplish the creation of the PMIX file you are looking for. Change the %1 to the date you wish if using outside of winhook. The name of the Items can be found in a .csv created this way. However you will need to change the Export settings for the Product Mix Report to change the Destination for the file and the name of the file from aloha manager.

%iberdir%\bin\rpt.exe /date %1 /Xp /load "Product Mix.pmx.set"

The Product Report setting are housed in RPTSET under the Aloha folder. The Export Settings for each report are housed in RPTEXPORT. I have no experience manually changing these files so i am not sure what ramifications that might have.

A note of caution, when setting this up know that it will be possible for an item name with the same count to show multiple times in the report based on how the categories are set up.

Thanks again Guinness, the winhook file is set up and generating the pmix report with the default report settings right now.

I can't seem to find anyway to modify the .set file for the pmix report though to add my control name field. It doesn't open with notepad. does anybody know what you use to modify these files.

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back