Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha PMIX automation - Received "No data to report"

Status
Not open for further replies.

walter1917

Technical User
Nov 27, 2014
US
Hi all,

I have Aloha v6.1 and am trying to automate pmix reporting via email. I've followed all of the great advice on this forum and have installed Blat, Stunnel and use Gmail.

In the WINHOOK file, AFTER the 2 EOD calls and BEFORE the DELTRAK calls I added:

@call d:\Aloha\bin\rpt.exe /date data /XP
@call C:\blat\blat323\full\blat.exe -p gmailsmtp -to XX@gmail.com -subject PMIX Report -body Report -attach d:\Aloha\RptExport\Default.pmx.csv -server localhost:25

I received the report email this morning with the Default.pmx.csv attachment but the entire report consists of "No data to report"

Can anyone advise? Are these the correct calls? Where in the WINHOOK file should the calls be?

Thank you in advance!

Instead of "rpt.exe /date data /XP" use "rpt.exe /date %1 /XP

Thanks Dauphin2!

Does the position in the WINHOOK file matter? I was concerned that it may be running it after the EOD lines and before it's opened the next day?

Shouldn't matter, but I'd put it up top just to be safe.

So, we replaced it to data with %1 and put it at the top of the WINHOOK. Now, there is no email at all.

Below is the entire WINHOOK.bat file. Can any advise?

@call d:\Aloha\bin\rpt.exe /date %1 /XP
@call C:\blat\blat323\full\blat.exe -p gmailsmtp -to XX@gmail.com -subject REPORT -body Report -attach d:\Aloha\RptExport\Default.pmx.csv -server localhost:25

@call d:\Aloha\deltrack /EOD
@call d:\Aloha\deltrack /EOD

Rem ------------------------------ DELTRACK UTILITY COMMANDS ---------------------------------
Rem ***Runs the DELTRACK utility in default mode on Iberdir if able to find a valid Iberdir parameter ***
@CALL d:\Aloha\Deltrack\deltrack.exe /iberdir d:\Aloha /s /delinfo 14
@Call d:\Aloha\ftp\PollCheck.exe /eod

e:\bootdrv\aloha\BIN\RPT.EXE /DATE %1 /XP /LOAD "default.pmx.set"

Here is what I used. you need to set what report you want for it to work.

To test run from dos prompt but run as

e:\bootdrv\aloha\BIN\RPT.EXE /DATE data /XP /LOAD "default.pmx.set"

AlohaRoss

Thanks AlohaRoss!

We test ran that same line from dos prompt and it did NOT work with the /LOAD variable, but did work when we removed it.

Default.pmx.set does exist and is the report we want to run. Any idea why that may be the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back