Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Panel / Screen Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevejfrank

Programmer
Feb 6, 2007
US
I recently installed Aloha 6.1 and used a "default" template. I can setup panel and screens through Maintenance->System->Floor Plan, but I am not sure how to implement them.

If memory serves I think there were also menu->panel editor and menu->screen editor options, but they are not visible.

In a nutshell I would like to add a floor plan and replace the enter table number and guests screen and also add more than just a $1 cash button on the payment screen (we need $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 buttons). The panel and screen editor do not show any existing panels and screens I suppose because I am using a FOH theme and graphic theme?

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

That's a good question as I need to figure out how to do this also. I THINK you have create a daily event called "Set Order Floor Panel" which assigns a given Floor Panel to a job code everyday before shifts shart. So if more than one job code requires the Floor Panel, each job code needs its own daily event. But I might be mistaken.

If you see panel editor and not screen editor, it may be a permissions problem in your back office security level.

First you create your panels in panel editor.
Second you go to screen editor and attach the panels that will make up the main screen.
Third you go to job codes and on one of the tabs there is a spot to select use floorplan.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Thanks Tyler I'll try your suggestion today.

Bo: I see both, but they are located under Floor Plan and not Menu where they were previously. It's not a security issue because the same shows up when logged on as super user.

Steve

I can send you the graphic files for the $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100 buttons. The graphics will be named TDRx, where x is the tender number set up under the tender group in payments. I will also send screen shots of how to set them up.

I don't have much experience with them, but I do know that the MSR is attached to COM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back