Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha - Only master terminal takes new data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cromaticx

Technical User
Aug 23, 2016
US
Hello all, we are running into this problem where only the master terminal will accept new changes, such as employee and menu changes after a store refresh from Aloha Manager.

Master will take changes just fine, but no other terminal will take the changes. I always have to copy data folder manually from the master terminal to all terminals as a temporary fix, but I need to find the root cause.

I have tried placing the terminals in redundancy and taking them out of redundancy to see if that helps the terminals sync. All terminals communicate with each other and the BOH server if \\ to and from each other

Could somebody please help with this?

Are you running new or old aloha manager.
Have you tried turning off master and seeing when new master takes over does it get refreshed menu?

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

New Aloha Manager, and no I have not tried turning off master and trying a different terminal to be master and see if changes take effect.

Have you looked at the terminal debouts for errors? I"m assuming that the other 2 terms still reload aloha, but for some reason the data is not being copied over.

Try making a new master, also post the debout files as Menulinkman has suggested. Look in temp folder on terminals for file called debout#####.###. It should be the newest file in the temp folder. Once we see those it will be a bit clearer as to whats going on.

Is this problem recent? Has anything in your environment recently changed? Can you remember when you first noticed the issue?

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

You could also try renaming the aloha folder and redoing your term installs. When you refresh look at the exact timestamp of when the files aren't updated and look back and see whats going on. It can't be a network issue if you can ping, path or vnc into the terms. Stuff like this happens to me all the time lol I understand your frustration.

If your terminals have servercapable=false, they won't update the local DATA folder from the fileserver. Mastercapable=true should force Iber to override servercapable=false, so you'll probably see both set to false on your non-master terminals. Change both to true and reboot (you can try this on one terminal first, if you'd like, but they really should be set to true everywhere). They could be set in the terminal's system environment, the batch file that launches Iber, or both, so check both.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back