Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha on Win 2008 Server CTLSVR wont register 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2012
US
I am trying to install Aloha 6.7 on my Win 2008 Server 64-bit. After I installed the HASP driver and got the key to light up, I tried to install Aloha, the installation looks like it goes through fine without any errors however when I try to login to the BOH it gives me a error about the CTLSVR and to check if its registered. When I check my servers neither the CTLSVR or the EDCSVR are there. I run the register.bat file and only the EDCSVR comes up not the CTLSVR. I install them a Local System. Wondering if anyone can help, thanks

Registering CTLSVR on 2008 R2 never seems to work right the first time. The first thing that comes to mind is that do you have DEP completely disabled? If not that then which version of HASP did you install?

No the DEP is on I will turn it off tonight when I get a chance. I saw online that the command would be bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff so hopefully that works.

I download the lastest HASP drivers from which were the 6.25. I got the link from another post.

Make sure you are using a newer version of 6.7, such as 6.7.20 or higher. Another thing to try as well, although I've never had to do this, but NCR suggests registering ctlsvr under 64 bit this way - Run CMD prompt as an administrator and change the directory to the Windows\Syswow64 folder. From here path to the BIN folder example "path=d:\aloha\bin". Now register ctlsvr as a service Example "ctlsvr.exe /service".

I turned off the DEP by doing bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff, and tried to register it it from the Windows\Syswow64 but its still a no go, I uninstalled and and reinstall it but its not registering the CTLSVR, any other idea I can try. Oh my Aloha verison is 6.7.22.

Is there detail instruction anywhere on how to install it on a windows 2008 server this is what I did.

Install the HASP Key Driver
Plug the HASP Key usb
Run VCredit_X86 from the Aloha disc
Turned off DEP bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOf
Install Aloha
Ran cmd as Admin and went to the Windows\Syswow64 folder and tried to registered their

Abracadabra Make sure you follow the Server2008 setup and then the 64bit setup. Let me know if you still can't get it to work after this.

For troubleshooting purposes - try setting the service login to the currently registered user not local system. It should be running as a user anyway, though it should be the user you have set up on the FOH.

I had this problem before as well, if I can remember anything else I will post. The correct version of C++ runtime is essential, double check you have the right version for 6.7.x?

Nope still not working, I tried to register EDC in the Windows\Syswow64 and it right away ask me what username and password or local services I wanted to use to register it but not the ctlsvr, what C++ runtime did you use. I am using the one that came with the disc. One thing I did notice however is that I was using the AlohaBootStrapper.exe to do the install, if I tried to use the AlohaInstall.msi it does say that I need C++ 2005 SP1 v8.0.50727.6195, and even though I download it (also came with disc) it keeps telling me that I need it.

the c++ runtime is a pain you have to have the exactly correct point release, I can't say for certain which ones I have in production, sorry. I've had problems when windows update changed the point release of the runtime. I think the alohainstall.msi had problems when I ran it straight as admin, I had to set windows compatibility on the file to... xp? But, I'm sorry to say, I really can't remember for certain.

This is getting tricky I recommend you go through all your logs in the \tmp directory in your aloha folder) and you're probably going to have to get on the radiant knowledge base. That isn't very helpful, I know. If I think of anything else I'll post it.

Easy way is to get Windows 2008 Standard Edition which is 32 bit.

knectech is right, I missed, twice, that you're using 64 bit. very sorry about that, definitely easier to use 32 bit.

My bad. Is it possible to use a 64 bit OS? I'm sure but after several failed attempts gave up and went back to 32 bit OSs.

I'll see if I can post a video of setting up Aloha in a 64 bit O/S in the next couple days

I'll see if I can post a video of setting up Aloha in a 64 bit O/S in the next couple days

Didn't have a VMWare image to work with from scratch, but this is everything I used to set it up. Videos are after 2008.bat has been run.

Run 2008.bat as administrator to configure most of the necessary settings for x64 and Aloha. Reboot and then run BohPrerq.EXE and Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (8.0.50727.6195). Next run haspdinst -i at the command prompt. After this I then install Aloha and after the installation is complete and after another reboot, CTLSVR shows under the services. I included a lot of the steps in a couple videos in the zip file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back