Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha OLK files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakins

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2007
US
I recently installed a new terminal running Windows POS Ready 7. Since then there has been a problem with OLK files getting stuck in the data folder causing problems with the servers being able to access tables. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it? The server is running Windows 7 Pro and the terminals are mostly XP.

Check and see if you are running RFS service and if you need to be. Disable service. It happens more frequently than you would like when you have a mix of XP, Win Embedded, POSready2009 and 7

AlohaRoss

RFS service is not running and should not be. Any other ideas?

Thy this on the win7 machines

1. Open Windows Registry Editor using Start/Run/Regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters.
3. Add new DWORD entries (via Edit/New/DWORD) for the following names and assign a value of 0. If the names already exist, change the values to 0.
FileInfoCacheLifetime
FileNotFoundCacheLifetime
DirectoryCacheLifetime

AlohaRoss

I added those to the terminal already but not the server. I will add to server and see what happens. Thanks

No luck with that. Anything else you can think of?

I double checked and it is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back