Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Move Master Term

Status
Not open for further replies.

elproducto

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2012
US
We need to replace a aging POSIFLEX terminal. I wanted to know if anyone knew the step to make an existing terminal into a Master Terminal.

You can move a terminal. You will need to change the computer nema and edit the ibercfg.bat file and change the terminal number to reflect what terminal you want it to be.

Any terminal can be the master.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Is your aging POSIFLEX teminal the current master terminal? If your asking how to temporarily set one of your other terminals to take over as the Master terminal while you replace the aging one, no need to do reconfigurations. The next higher terminal (after terminal #1) will automatically act as your Master terminal if current master term was not detected by the server.

I was able to make another terminal master. For some reason the first terminal I tried making master was not sharing the bootdrv share and did not have the folder on the terminal. This was causing the other terminals to reboot after searching for the fileserver. So I moved to another terminal I ensured was sharing the bootdrv share. You should also check the ibercfg.bat file on the terminal to ensure that the terminal is master and server capable.

When designating the master terminal you want to shutdown all terminals and let the new master boot first into Aloha interface. Then boot the other terminals.

Thanks Guys for all the pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back