Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Mobile 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbsiler

Technical User
Jun 3, 2014
US
We do not pay for tech support from Aloha but I do know that we have extra licenses for terminals. How do I set up Aloha mobile on my ipad? Any help would be great.

There may be a way to run it off the ipads.
I have not tried but in theory you would need to have the extra terminals on site
Wifi ip would have to be in the same range as Aloha
you could then enable remote desktop on those terminals
Install the remote desktop client on your ipad
As long as your user name and password for windows goes through then you should have a windows desktop on your ipad running Aloha.
The next challenge will be to decide where the printer should be when you go to print checks.
also you will not be able to take credit cards via the swipe as that would not pass through.
Call or email if you would like to test. I would be interested it does work.

AlohaRoss

I've actually tested this out and it does work pretty good. It even works pretty good on my android.

I will try this, but I was also wondering about the aloha mobile app. I have it installed on my ipad but I dont know how to set it up with our system.

The Aloha mobile app requires licensing separate from your current aloha license.

Ok thank you, I thought that maybe we could use one of our terminals that is not being used as its license. Thanks for the help guys.

From what i'm gathering, Aloha Mobile also requires ATG to be utilized. My reseller is currently setting up a demo for us. Out of curiosity, is the remote desktop over wifi that you were describing meet PCI compliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back