Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha kitchen printer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcpr

Vendor
Jun 2, 2010
US
Replaced our kitchen printer epson u220 and new printer (epson u220) will not print, I have set the dip switches. Self test reads receive buffer is full, how do i empty the receive buffer?
Thank You for any help

A self test will clear the print buffer. Power up with feed button held down. but I think the buffer full is normal on the self test print out... why did you replace the printer? It may be wiring vs. printer.

We replaced the previous because the auto cutter blade stopped retracting causing errors.

If the auto cutter failed you can disable it via the dip switch settings and use it as a tear-off printer. Dip Switch #2 on bank two is the AC feature; turn that dip switch off and power up the printer and you're all set, unless of course the AC feature is a must have.

The best way to solve a printer issue is to isolate the possible reasons for a printer to fail.
First step is to reattach the old printer with old cable and old adapter, if it works then the problem is between the wall jack and the printer.
Print the "printer setup" from old printer and compare the setup with new printer, they should be identical for it to work.Dip switch settings should be identical, those switches are so small sometimes they look like they are in the off position when they are actually in between....
compare Baud rate, handshake, etc.
and i agree with TobeThor, in the mean time that you are trying to fix new printer you can disable the cutter from old printer ..

I disabled the cutter from the old printer and plugged it back in and now it no longer works. The test prints from each are identical. We have 2 terminals, the main bar terminal is an all in one unit, I feel like I'm missing something in the printer setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back