Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Keeps rebooting Synchronizing system data

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmanan

Technical User
Apr 22, 2013
US
I started my POS system after a while. I keep on getting error on the terminal and it keeps rebooting. I have already fixed teh aloha.ini in Data and Newdata to current date for DOB but can't get it to come up.
I have XP in teh BOH and only one terminal as FOH.

thanks

check to see that you have a file named "OK" in the data directory. If not you will need to create one. Just OK with no file extension.

So just create it with notepad or so and then take the extension off.
Will try that.
Thanks

That didn't do it. There is a file called stop as well with extension that i forgot but I created new one with no extension.
The Terminal comes up finds the servers and on the bottom left corner says Synchronizing local system configuration and then starts a second process Reading System Parameters and goes up to 90% and then probably 100% but I don't see it and then restarts the Aloha.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

I renamed the stop file to stop.old and that didn't fix the issue.

Deleted the stop file in newdata as well and sub.cdx. not sure what the files did. also changed the DOB on terminal and server in both palces data and newdata.

thanks for all your help.
this forum is a life saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back