Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Javelin LC/LCP support

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixerjv

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2006
US
I have used Javelins since we got the software in '98 (ver 4)

Currently running 5.3 with LCP's (Pentium 233's or amd 300's, with 64mb ram)

Inquired about updating to 6.1, was told the Javelins not supported in 6+

I don't know if this is just my reseller's policy, or if it's radiants. Can anyone verify either way? What is the OS requirement for 6+? Is win98 still supported? Thanks.

Sadly, I don't believe that 6.0+ runs on Win98... I love the Javelins!

Thank you posknowitall for the quick response.

I was able to install W2K on the Javelins, but after many hours of trying never got the ELO driver to work. Anyone ever sucessful?

When I first upgraded to v6.0+, I had a few Win98 terminals. It will work, but is not ideal and was not recommended by our reseller. One of their big reasons for not using Win98 is credit card security. According to my reseller, by sometime this year everyone that accepts credit cards will need to be on at least WinXP to be compliant.

I have Win2K ELO drivers version 1.1. Not sure which version you're using, but if you would like, I am happy to send these to you... mcalabrese31<at>gmail<dot>com

Thank you zahead31 for the response.

I had tried elo 1.1 from their site, but never got it to work due to the odd irq's and addresses the javelin has. Is the ELO driver you have meant for the Javelins?

Maybe I'll jump to an out of the box question. The Javelin LCP just meets Windows XP's minimums of 233mhz and 128mb (capable) ram, and 800x600 video. Has anyone been sucessful with running xp on a javelin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back