Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Inventory Database Integrity Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

soleman

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
US
I have been running Aloha Inventory 2.5.1 for close to 10 years without any trouble until recently.

During a recent processing of transactions, we received the following errors:

A relation between VendItems_ID in table tRImVendorItems and VendItems_ID in table tRImOrderTemplateItems exists in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataSB.mdb, but does not exist in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataS.mdb

A relation between VendItems_ID in table tRImVendorItems and VendItems_ID in table tRIePurchaseOrderItems exists in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataSB.mdb, but does not exist in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataS.mdb

A relation between VendItems_ID in table tRImVendorItems and VendItems_ID in table tRIdVendorPurchHistory exists in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataSB.mdb, but does not exist in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataS.mdb

An index named tRImVendorItemstRImOrderTemplateItems in table tRImOrderTemplateItems exists in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataSB.mdb, but does not exist in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataS.mdb

An index named tRImVendorItemstRIePurchaseOrderItems in table tRIePurchaseOrderItems exists in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataSB.mdb, but does not exist in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataS.mdb

An index named tRImVendorItemstRIdVendorPurchHistory in table tRIdVendorPurchHistory exists in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataSB.mdb, but does not exist in D:\BootDrv\Aloha\BackOffice\Database\FDataS.mdb

There were errors encountered during the server database integrity check.

Can anyone recommend a fix? Will optimizing or upgrading the database fix this problem? It appears that I am currently at a standstill.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would try an upgrade before optimization. It sounds like your database is damaged, do you have any backups?

Backup is an option, but not a good one. I'm not sure when the problem started.

What is the difference between upgrade and optimization?

From what I recall optimization is merely that, it's basically a defrag for database. Upgrade will possibly rebuild certain sections of the database depending on what is actually causing the issue, assuming the database is somewhat intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back