Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha integrated EMV solution suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmfb

Vendor
Dec 18, 2018
US
thread693-1756159
Hoping someone can provide some insight! We have tested, researched, and gone live with four different EMV solutions. We haven't found a good one yet. I understand some of our clients are being a bit picky but I am out of ideas. What are you guys using for EMV?
- Connected Payments- chip and pin was a problem as customers were asked to leave the table to put in the pin number, also had issues balancing at the end of the night.
- Table Safe- Cool product, no one wants to spend the money on something with a three hour battery life. The monthly is too much. Only TS compatible
- Poynt with eThor- Best of the four so far but also has battery issues. Our clients had trouble with customers and servers walking out with the hardware as they are the same size as an Android phone. Has trouble with Aloha mobile and ATO.
- Soft Point- Disaster, never got to the go live point.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

I have been using aloha connect with a product from Powercard. It also allows for giftcards. Simple USB cardreader with virtual terminal running on BOH.
Reach out to me for more information. I can connect you directly with people from Power Card

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

I've been handed Posera's solution, PayMyTab, and recently handed Elavon's EMV solution to test in our labs.
One of my big things is I want an out of scope solution, which is why any type of tethering to the POS with the handheld device is out of my sight.

Menulinkman... Are you testing Elavon Simplify???

Going to. Hardware is in my possession, nothing has been installed or configured yet.

PayMyTab is a good solution, plus is, if they switch POS systems, it will likely work with the next one.

I have tried to get it running. Currently have an error of "Processor not configured". Let me know if you get it working. The Reference guide don't have any detail on how EDC is configure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back