Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha.ini fails to copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

housed

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2010
US
We've seen problems ever since upgrading Table Service to version 6.4.19 where the aloha.ini will randomly fail to copy over after EOD. Some sites never have the issue, others frequently, and usually only one terminal out of 6+. The terminals will go into a continued state of rebooting, have to stop the cycle manually using a keyboard & shift. Copying the Aloha.ini from another terminal and starting IBER fixes the issue. Only happens with 1220 model terminals, flash drive model. Tried deleting large amounts of BMP files to make room (made the folder 15mb down from 45mb) but hasn't seemed to have an effect. Any thoughts? Any one else seeing this?

Hi, I have the same problem as you, except it only happens when one of the managers do "Refresh Data" two times in a row not giving all FOH Terms time to come up. I have 5 terms and it is always the same one missing the aloha.ini file term 3. I also recently upgraded to 6.4.19 from 5.3. My FOH Terms are all ELO 17A2's all running win xp pro and BOH also win xp pro. Also looking for help with this issue.

Ben

After much digging, I found Radiant is aware of this issue and it was fixed in version 6.4.21.4. I have yet to actually implement this on any of my sites, but it was indeed in the release notes for the newer version. Radiant was unable to confirm whether or not it was fixed permanently in subsequent versions since I've heard rumors it still happens in version 6.5.

Same problem here with version 6.4.17. Has anyone upgraded iber to see if the problem still exists?

we are running all those versions at our sites and have not seen that happen because of the version. what imageid is your 1220's? type imageid in the command prompt. last time i saw this happen, it was happening to the same terminal, wich was term6. It turned out to be a bad line. If its only happening to the same terminal, i would try swapping terminals around and see if it follows the terminal or the location. If it follows at the location get a fluke and test that line.

also do you notice the floating logo freeze up alittle bit, then all of the sudden move real fast as if it was trying to catch up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back