Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha House Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

balloon172

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2009
US
Aloha 12.3.x

I have been tasked with adding 265 employee house accounts. In an effort to do so quickly, can I unload the NAM DB, import the file into the HOUSE.dbf, then re-import the data? I'm not looking forward to keying these in one at a time! THanks!

bt

you can do that but depending on the version of NAM and Aloha you may loose your floor plan and the items in modifier groups, but not the actual mod groups. Make sure you do a backup of the database first, just in case. Prior to import, you will also have to find the ver.dbr file and replace it with an older version of ver.dbf. Usually there is a 6.72ver.dbf, just use a copy of that to replace ver.dbf.

You can also save time by just making the first on in house accounts, hit copy, replace name, wash rinse repeat

If you get stuck, or want to test first, give me a call. I can get you access to lab

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Thanks, Ross. I'm not really interested in losing items out of mod groups, either. I'll use your second suggestion that will make it go a little faster, anyway.

bt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back