Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha help needed!!!! Need aloha software installed on terminal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kontosm

Technical User
Jul 10, 2010
US
Okay so here is the situation. I had a terminal, lets call it term 11, and the screen would go white/grey. I would unplug it and plug it back in, in order for it to work again until it happened over and over. So I got it replaced with a different terminal that I had as backup. I changed the settings and all and even had NCR to help reinstall the software but they couldnt do it. Then I get a call from NCR Sales Team, advising me that They cannot help me because they do not support the current software that I have even though I have a helpdesk contract. They said I have to upgrade the software to the current one, but then I need to upgrade the terminals to support the new software. And Right now I can't do that. How can I install the software on the terminal to get back up and running asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is the POS version and model of the terminal you are trying to get to work?

TO get FOH up, you use either RAL (Radiant Auto Loader) if it installed and setup on your boh
Or you make all the settings yourself and run terminstall. Does not really matter if its quick service or table service. Or what version number you are using.
Since they are telling you they dont support your version, it probably is a ver 6.X.X unless its very old
You will need to make sure:
1. you have the correct windows user id and password
2. Are on the right ip address
3. Your permisions are set
4. You have the correct computer name ie. Term1, or what ever your set termstr =

Its not very complicated and should take less than 15 minutes for any qualified tech to do.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

the aloha version is 6.5.37 and Radiant 1220 terminals.

RAL isnt installed on the machine and when I called NCR they tried to walk me through setting it up via terminstall but the aloha path wasnt working and the NCR rep told me to try a few didnt paths and he could not figure it out.

Give me a call and I can give you hand. WIthout being able to see the current settings its not going to be easy to fix via a thread. With facetime, hangouts, facebook video or skype it can be done very quickly.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back