Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Grind DBF and Cash Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidproquo

Programmer
Jun 8, 2020
US
Hello,

I am trying to analyze DBF files generated by Grind, multiple times during the day. Aloha Version 6.7.70.

GNDDSALE.DBF is supposed to contain the payment information - column "Type" will have a value of 4 to indicate payment. TypeID indicates payment type, with the the types defined in TDR.DBF. TypeID 1 is defined as Cash and there are other IDs for Visa, Amex, etc.

My issue is that I am seeing Type 4 and TypeID 1 for all checks by default in GNDSALE.DBF. When a check is paid by Credit Card, then I see a Type 4 and a Type ID of 3 (for Visa). This means that I can detect when a check is paid by credit card but I don't see a way to determine if a check has been paid by Cash. Is there any other way to reliably detect whether a check has been paid or not?

Regards,
Kid

You want the GNDTndr.dbf file, not GndSale.dbf, to easily see payments. The Type 1 will show the tender number, which will also correspond to your cash tender.

GndTndr.dbf
This file contains a record for all applied payments.

Field Description Version
EMPLOYEE Employee ID who closed the check, but not necessarily the employee who sold the item. -
CHECK Check ID -
DATE Date Of Business -
SYSDATE System date 5.3.21e
TYPE Type of payment (see GNDTNDR type constants) -
TYPEID Tender ID -
IDENT Identifier, if tender or promotion (see GNDTNDR type constants) -
AUTH Authorization, if tender (see GNDTNDR type constants) -
EXP Expiration, if tender (see GNDTNDR type constants) -
NAME Guest name, if available -
UNIT Comp unit, if comp (see GNDTNDR type constants) -
AMOUNT Amount -
TIP Tip (does not include gratuity) -
NR Non-redeemed payment (overpayment without change provided) -
TRACK YES or NO -
HOUSEID House account ID, if house account (see GNDTNDR type constants) -
TIPPABLE Tippable employee ID -
MANAGER Employee ID who authorized the transaction -
HOUR Transaction hour -
MINUTE Transaction minute -
ID A unique entry ID generated by the FOH -
AUTOGRAT Amount of automatic gratuity -
STRUNIT Unit ID (from the ALOHA.INI) -
REVENUE Revenue center ID -
OCCASION Event ID (SuperSite) -
SOURCE Indicates how information was captured. Values could be 0,1,2 corresponding to unknown, manual, swiped 5.3
PMSPOSTD PMS Post Status. Values are 0 for unposted, and 1 for posted. 5.4
DRAWER Drawer ID 6.1

GndTndr.dbf Type Constants
Used with GndTndr.dbf.

Type Description
1 Tender
2 Promotion
3 Comp
4 Category Comp
5 Category Promotion
6 Gift Card Promotion
7 Gift Card Comp
8 Gift Card Category Comp
9 Gift Card Category Promotion
10 Deferred tip if job code does not deduct tips
11 Payment for check splits with Tip/Sales distribution
12 Tax Exempt status

Thanks for the info. I am seeing a Tender entry for every opened check, in GndTndr.dbf. It defaults to TypeID=1, which is CASH in TDR.DBF. I think Aloha defaults to CASH for a check. Once a payment happens, then Aloha updates the GNDTNDR file to reflect that to the actual payment method. My issue is that I am unable to detect the difference between a check that's unpaid (comes up as CASH in GNDTNDR) and actually paid in CASH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back