Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Gift Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaWahini

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
Where is the software located for Aloha's Ecard/Gift card located? It's not the normal CD distributed with 5.3.xx, is it?

Which product are you referring to? Back Office Gift Certificates/Gift Cards are on the install cd and you need to be keyed to use it. eCard software is only installed by Aloha Enterprise.

I guess I was referring to the eCard. Does that require a separate cd to install that?

Thanks!

This is the part that I don't like about aloha. They have a seperate division called "Aloha Enterprise". They are very protective about their ecard installs. Basically you have to go througha process which can take around 1-2 weeks. After you are all set, they will dial in via PCAW or RDP or whatever suits your fancy, and they will do the install. If you ever have problems with your ecard, don't expect the dealer to help you as they know as much as you do, due to the fact that enterprise doesn't show us anything!! You have to use their "contact us" utility. They will usually get to you in about a half an hour. It's a sweet program, all of my customers are extremely happy with it. I just hat the fact of not knowing how to diagnose any problems with it!!

Hope that helps,
Adam

Yeah, that does help, thanks. Funny you should mention not knowing anything about it, because I had the same thing happen. To make a long story short, I did a minor upgrade for a customer to correct some RFCed issues, and there we're problems with E-card afterward. As I know nothing about, I kind of started to panic. I didn't have the CD with the version of the customer had previously been on to "back date" them. Luckily, I backed up the bin directory, and was able to manually install their old version, and everything more or less fine (I think I did still have to do something to Ecard to get it to work again, but admittedly, I got lucky--could have been an even bigger headache). That's pretty much why I was asking--to find what needs to be done in the event that someone's file server fails (or some similar catastrophe), and it sounds like you'll end up needing to deal with Radiant if there is an issue.

The fact that they don't tell you how trouble shoot it or allow you to install it is weak. That's the whole point of the dealer network, is that the dealers get to make money on the service, etc. I also never liked that the fact that if your dealing with a chain that has over X amount of stores (I think it was 25 when Aloha Technologies was running the show--Blimpies, Tubby's, etc), that Aloha got the account. The dealers might get some action on the service if there was a problem that corporate couldn't handle remotely, but all the sales and service went to Aloha Technologies, even if there was a store right in your backyard (i.e. smack dab in the middle of your territory). In other words, "your an exclusive dealer licensed to sell our product, unless it is a big corporate account with lots of easy money to be made, then we want it". I wonder if Radiant has continued this process.

I totally hear you on that one, and yes they still do the bogarting of big accounts. Sucks big when our salesmen do alot of leg work to get an account and then have Radiant come in and say that they will take the account "But we'll give you some money to install it for us."

Adam

Where are you guys from? And are you guys resellers of Aloha/Radiant?

I am not a reseller of Aloha.. we sell another POS system and provide various IT services, but we have some Aloha clients that have been customers for years, so we still support them. But I have been working with Aloha on and off for about 5 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back