Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha FOH freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcd1006

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2012
US
Hello,

we are having an issue when we log in with the BOH into one of the FOH machines it freezes that FOH machine. It only does it on the one machine and doesn't seem to happen every time, but it does happen often. Any suggestions or things to try?

Log in with the BOH to the FOH - can you clarify? Do you mean you are accessing that terminal via VNC or just browsing files on the terminal in Windows explorer? What are you trying to accomplish with this task?

Sorry, I should have been clearer on that. Is it with VNC. Like I said it is just the one machine though, so I don't think it would be an issue with the BOH machine.

VNC is *very* resource intensive - a lot of memory and even more CPU and most front of house terms have little of both. I only remote into the FOH for technical urgencies so I can't say if it's normal for the FOH to have difficulties or not. You might check the windows events logs on the FOH? Sorry I can't help more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back