Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha FOH COM Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbndc

Programmer
Apr 1, 2012
US
I am attempting to send online orders into an Aloha 6.7 system running on Windows 7. The Aloha system is running fine on Windows 7 and the same online interface setup works fine on Windows XP. I am guessing it is some sort of permissions or firewall issue.

Per instructions, the online ordering interface runs via 2 terminals. One is setup as an interface terminal which connects via the interface host setting to the 2nd terminal which is defined as an interface server.

The iber instance that invokes the interface server runs via an ibercfg batch file on the BOH. I have converted this file to an executable and run both the batch file and the batch file as executable just in case there was some kind of problem running the batch file on Windows 7. Both the iber instance and the executable ibercfg are listed in the Windows Firewall permissions for both outbound and inbound connections and are give full permissions.

Also, the Windows Firewall is turned off and I can connect to all of the terms and can create files on them and edit them.

I have gone thru the Windows 7 faq and confirmed the system is setup per the instructions. For example, simple file sharing is off, and media sense is disabled.

The error I get is a pos terminal error. On Windows XP, this error generally means the BOH can't connect to one or more of the FOH's. I have setup the ibercfg batch file so debug info is supposed to go to the debout file in the tmp directory under /bootdrv/aloha. On Windows XP, the debout file captures new debug info each time the online interface program loops but here the debout file only updates when the ibercfg batch file is first run. No additional info is given to the debout file after that.

Also, I have checked the processes via task manager and the iber instance is running and is not looping which would typically happen on XP if there was some kind of connection problem to the FOH's.

Lastly, if this matters, the system is running SonicWall.

I am at a loss on this and would appreciate any insights anyone could give.

Thanks

Unless you are using an unlicensed copy of the sdk, you have access to the support at sdksupport@radiantsystems.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back