Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Floorplan 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySpider

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2005
US
Hey all,

Strangest thing going on here... I've set up Floorplan on several of our restaurants before, and have never had a problem like this. We upgraded one of our stores from 5.0 to 5.315. I created a simple floorplan. What happens is that when you log in, everything looks fine, but the tables, rather than being white, and grayish in color (kind of like they are greyed-out, actually). When you touch them, nothing happens.

The only other panel on that screen (containing functions) works, except for anything that deals with the tables directly. For example, I can EXIT or Adjust Tips just fine, but if I were to try to view how long a table has been open, it just hangs. It's almost as if the tables are corrupt or invalid, but they are tables that are in the system.

I've tried all the normal stuff. I made sure the panels weren't overlapping, I deleted and recreated the table,
I even went so far as to create another screen and panel with just one table in it to see if maybe something was corrupt, but nothing has worked.

I am beginning to wonder if something more sinsister is at work here (i.e. Radiant programmers! :) ), and that perhaps there is some dumb little check box tucked away somewhere in the back office menus that I don't know about, that's causing my woes. Been the victim of that before! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated. At this point, there is no such thing as a bad idea, so no matter how hokey you think your suggestion might be, I wanna hear it!

Check your jobcode settings. Are the employees that have greyed out tables flagged as "Bartender" or "Sees Tabs"?

If they are, the tables will be greyed out.

Aloha1,

I haven't offically made the change yet, but the Sees Tabs parameter was checked for the server jobcodes. Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back