Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Floating Logo Auto Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt5133e

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
I have 2 terminals, but only one of them auto exits and starts the floating Logo screen saver. The other one just sits there unless you press exit on the screen then you have to rewake the screen when it turns off and you order something you did not mean to order on it! Obviously the one terminal is set up correctly and the other needs some variable or something changed to make it do auto exit. I can't seem to figure out where that setting is. Any ideas?

thanks

Look in the Aloha.ini file on that terminal and there is some kind of variable that references the logo that is set to =FALSE

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

I peaked around in the aloha.ini but nothing references to logo. Even poked around with timeouts but didn't see anything that made sense. Weird, I would imagine that it would be the same and changed via the server but only one terminal is using the built in screen saver.

It has to do with the timeout settings. Set this up in Store Settings > Security. We have it set to go back to the floating logo screen after 30 seconds of inactivity.

MitchellW0214 is correct but it is in Store Settings/User Interface

it is probably tied into the specific jobcode you are logged in on, if this is TS.

For example you can set the timeout for a bartender for a longer time than a server. There is a timeout setting for bartenders, managers, default (anyone other than a manager or bartender) and Rapid Access on later versions of Aloha.

New versions of QS also have a screen timeout but it is global, i.e. not job specific. If you set the timeout for 30 seconds, all terminals time out.

well hmm, nothing has worked yet!

a little more info, version 5.3.23

in Store Settings/User Interface ;the only time out setting is for the pole display. This is one hidden function!

hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back