Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha ERROR: Labor category # not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0dE

Vendor
May 8, 2009
CA
Hello all,

I realized that I do not need all categories I entered, so I deleted some of them.
the FOH wasn't updating, so I took a look at VERIFY.TXT
and the errors were:
ERROR: Labor category 1 (Servers) sales category 2 not found.
ERROR: Labor category 1 (Servers) sales category 3 not found.
ERROR: Labor category 1 (Servers) sales category 4 not found.
... and on

As for ad-hoc solution, I tried re-creating new categories under same category number.
When I tried to re-creating a category, Aloha showed me SQL Message saying "This Record Has Been Previously Deleted. Do You Wish To Reactivate It?"
I said Yes and I created it.
However, as soon as I try creating the second one, I get an error message : "Error updating file"

Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix it?
I don't think I can fix much with UI only... I'll need a guru's help again... Thanks again...

John

Restore your 3 category files from yesterday's dated sub folder. That should do it.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Sorry, I am not familiar with the process.

Here's what I did anyway:
My closest guess was CAT.CDX and CAT.TDX
I replaced DATA and NEWDATA folder's CAT.CDX and CAT.TDX (of course after making back ups)
However, when I try verifying the data again, I get the same error.

Thanks

I forgot to mention: I replaced them with CAT.CDX and CAT.TDX in 20090721 folder

Also,
I erased the categories about 4~5 days ago.
So should I be copying files from 6 days ago instead of yesterday?
sorry about multiple posts...

yes, go back to a day when they were correct and restore them. there will be a cat.dbf as well as those other two.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

drop it in newdata, do a verify data to check for errors, and a refresh will send it to the foh. make copies of the data and newdata folders on the server in case something else goes wrong.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

Thanks DTSMAN,

It seems that replacing CAT.CDX & TDX only won't make any change, because I have the Categories in relationship with Performance Measure.
in Performance Measure, I choose Target Category as None(0) (instead of a corresponding category). Then replaced CAT.CDX & TDX. Then under Categories, the corresponding categories disappeared. However, now I get runtime error every time I attempt to delete Performance Measure entrees.

I am so lost. I am actually losing confidence in using Aloha.

Thanks everyone,

Is there any way that I can completely reset
Categories and whatever else that has relation to it?
For example, Performance Measures, Comps, and perhaps some reports.

Currently our business's Aloha is useless because the reports does not contain any useful information

Thanks,

You can always go back to where you were before the category problems if you have not made any other major changes. Make a "backup of newdata folder. Copy *.dbf from a historical folder from before the changes. Paste these into the newdata folder. Run dbconfig.exe from Aloha\Bin. Uncheck DBF Files Only and check Upgrade DBF Index Files. Make sure your newdata folder is selected for the input and output targets. Refresh data from Aloha.
** You will want to do this BEFORE any business activity in the day!
All sales are tied to categories. If you sell an item that is in sales category 1 then category 1 is deleted you will lose those sales so to speak. All historical sales are cross referensed with the current sales categories. In the past any time I make a "major" category change I make a mock install of Aloha using the "remote" flag on Aloha Manger solely for reporing purposes.

You can always go back to where you were before the category problems if you have not made any other major changes. Make a "backup of newdata folder. Copy *.dbf from a historical folder from before the changes. Paste these into the newdata folder. Run dbconfig.exe from Aloha\Bin. Uncheck DBF Files Only and check Upgrade DBF Index Files. Make sure your newdata folder is selected for the input and output targets. Refresh data from Aloha."

I did exactly as what you said, I took the files from 20090625 folder.
But Categories still contain all the categories that didn't have back unly July 10th'ish.
I tried 20090626, 20090627, 20090628, and others, still same result.

Perhaps doing the major change is the only option left for me? :/

I played around with the ibersql.mdb
looking at the relationships between the tables allowed me to find where my mistakes were.
I made some changes,
I'm going to see if the system works out tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone for help.

Ibersql?

I did not know you were running the relational database version. I have never worked with it. It is not commonly used. You will more than likely have to go into sql and restore tables or something. I was wondering why you never would confirm restoring the cat.dbf file. That is the common flat file with all the info. The cdx and tdx are just for indexing purposes.

In other words, I can't help. Sorry for the confusion.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

DTSMAN, you have no idea how much I appreciate your responses.
Thank you.
The reason I didn't mention about dbf file was because I couldn't find it in NEWDATA folder nor "date" folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back