Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Epson Thermal Printer Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsgreektome

Technical User
Jan 3, 2009
US
I just upgraded a thermal printer on 1 terminal from a tm-88iii to a tm-88v i hooked it up and got it working but it is still printing slow, how do i update the driver ? where do i install the driver? BOH or on the terminal and how. or is there any way to make the printer print faster.

No driver needed, but you can try increasing the baud rate of the printer and in aloha in the printer configuration. Usually a good idea to make sure they match. If you're using parallel printers, they are just plain so.

If it is a parallel printer, Serial port cards for T-88's can be found cheap on ebay.
I have a stack of parallel interfaces somewhere :)

I've setup TM88V's with USB interfaces and they run great using Epson OPOS. They also work fine with the serial card as mentioned above, I only see them slow when trying to use Windows drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back