Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha EDC - Refund "Greyed Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouterRanger

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2016
US
Aloha TableService 6.7.66
Aloha EDC Version 12.3.31

Last week we come in and the "refund" option is greyed out within EDC.

"Oh, I'm not logged in" I thought - so I logged in, but the refund option is still greyed out.

There are a couple more options which are greyed out as well, but the refund option is the big one we need back.

All transactions process normally, batch out and settle OK each day.

We reached out to the payment processor to see if anything changed on their end and they replied back "no".

It's very strange.

Scratching my head on this one.

Check your security roles in aloha manager or CFC. There is an EDC tab with a refund function. If the function is not checked the refund option will appear greyed out in EDC

Still greyed out, here's what I did:

I clicked to Maintenance > Labor > Access Levels > Financial (1) and almost all the options were checked except "Non-Cash Refund", which I checked and saved.

I probably won't see any changes until we do a "refresh data" though, right?

Its not an access level. If its old aloha manager it will be under:
Maintenance > Labor > Back Office Security Levels

seclevels_vnoh8u.png

PM me through reddit and I can provide you with newer security level dbf files that will give you access to everything

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Tried to check the permissions in back office, it seems like most things are set to "run" for this login - including Refund.

1_p18gjo.jpg
2_we0r9v.jpg
4_vo8eb2.jpg
3_xgi5td.jpg

I would also include add and edit on the refund function.
Also make sure that the employee is assigned to this managers security role.

I'm unable to select the "Add" or "Edit" options for the manager back office access levels - those are also greyed out after clicking the actually "edit" button to make changes.

This happened once before, we suddenly lost the ability to do a "refresh data" overnight - the option just went away from aloha manager and after scouring tektips for hours we were able to make the corrections to EMP.DBF to elevate the user login so it had the permissions again.

For this particular scenario, would I be better off just modifying EMP.DBF and setting SECLEVEL / JOBCODE / ACCESS1 to value 99 (Abacus) so that we can get the refund function back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back