Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha EDC MaxTransactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanfranqsr

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2008
EG
Hi All-

Read one previous post about this but couldn't seem to get it to work. To increase the Max Transactions from 349 what is the exact line in the edc.ini

I have tried
MaxTransactions=x
and
MaxTransaction=x

Anyone tell me the exact line?

Thanks!

I've used "MaxTransactionsPerBatch=899" for a few years now, listed under the processor you're using(CES in this case.) I had problems with "MaxTransactionsPerBatch=999" at two different locations, so I scaled it back, and haven't had issues since.

Having said that, I recently switched from CES to Visanet using Heartland. My vendor said that I no longer need to worry about the max transactions number. Is that true? Color me paranoid.

I'm not 100% sure if that information is true. Our application allows you to work with a virtual batch of any size but for T-Sys (Visanet) we break the batch up into individual batches of 990 transactions each. This 990 limit may be left over in our application from years past, but no one at T-Sys has ever told us otherwise.

If the limit still exists, Aloha does interface to our services and your CES->Visanet relationship would be unaffected. Or you could go directly to CES which is probably cheaper for you which would cover our costs -- basically giving you our services for free!

Good luck.

Steve Sommers
-- Creators of $$$ ON THE NET(tm) payment processing services

Blog:

Its just a default setting for one of the processors when that Aloha module is setup. It is just an ini edit setting for one paticular processor format. Don't know why it is still rolling out that way, but its a simple fix.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back