Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha - DST Causing EOD To Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

neotope

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2012
US
I have 13 sites using Aloha 6.7.47 but only one site had an issue with DST. Our EOD event is set to fire at 4 AM. At one of our locations once it hit 2 AM the time on the computers changed to 3 AM and EOD fired immediately. Of course they had a slamming night and still had various tabs and tables still open.

Does anybody know why this might have occurred or perhaps have any ideas on how we could prevent it from happening? I don't think it would necessarily be hardware related this location has a newer NCR server running Windows 7 like most of my other locations.

Thanks for any assistance!

In Aloha Manager, make sure "International Daylight Savings Time" is checked along with "Synchronize POS Time With Back Office Time" under maintenance>Store Settings>System. Delete the timezone.ini in the Aloha DATA folder on the server and then restart the CTLSVR servioe. Run a refresh after this and you should be good to go.

Thanks for the information the store having the problem already had the settings enabled and the timezone.ini was a straight match from other stores without the issue.

Anything else to check?

I would delete the timezone.ini and recreate it anyway. It is recommend not setting EOD time to 4am because of this. Have you run any DST patches from NCR on the servers?

Ok I will try that. What time to you recommend running EOD? Some of our restaurants have a good late night bar crowd so we might have customers in them until around 2 AM so I couldn't think of running it much earlier.

I am not aware of any DST patches. Where would I find those?

I would change EOD to 4:15AM or later. I just saw you have NCR hardware, so unless it's really old you shouldn't have to run any DST patches.

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between 4 AM and 4:15 AM if DST occurs at 2 AM?

This location is using one of the current NCR servers I think model S330 or something close to that.

It has to do with the fact the DST can cause short temporary 2 hour time jump and in newer versions it waits a minute to validate if the time sticks as to not inadvertently fire events such as EOD, thus even changing EOD time to say 4:02 can help prevent EOD from firing early.

Ok, I will give that a go too. Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back