Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aloha demo mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel08

Technical User
Feb 25, 2012
PH
hi guys,

my task is to install aloha in demo mode as a part of my training. but when i finished installing, when i open aloha manager it prompts security key not found. is there other option to set up aloha without the security key in demo mode? i need to login in aloha manager to familiarize the menus. i need your help.

thanks in adavance! :)

To run AlohaManager without a HASP:
Create a shortcut to Aloha Manager on the desktop.
Go to the properties of the shorcut and at the end of the target line add "/remote"

i try to add "/remote at the end of target but is says in valid. .

whatever your reason of accessing aloha manager, you can access and log in to it by pressing the Alt + X keys, we call this the super access. why not have the security key attached to your terminal so you can have full access to it?

running FOH on demo version has a limitation

if you are on a higher version say 6.5xx, you wont be able to use that super access. it's already removed

i don't have the security key. bcoz this is just a training. i must get familiar to the aloha. my boss thought that it is ok to install without the security key. and also he don't have it. he told me to try to figure out on how to set up without the key in demo mode. but i guess either in demo mode or not the key must be attached. i think i am installing the 6.2 version. thank you! i very appreciated you help.. thanks a lot.. ^^)

try a space before the " /remote"

Cheers,
Coorsman

try asking and get the Alt+X access from your nearest dealer or have them set an access for you

they wont be generous enough to give that super access to you easily

6.2 you can use the alt-x. Search for it on this forum.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Its been a while for me. I'm sure someone will chime in and let you know if what I am saying will or will not work with 6.2. But I use to always use a batch file.

The altX has nothing to do with the security key issue and I believe the /remote switch in the scenario mentioned only works if it is mapped to a working manager application.

Create a .bat file using notepad. Copy the following code to it. The last switch (bpjw)is just auto login and may or may not work for you. delete it if it doesn't. Adjust the first 4 lines correctly to match your install. Your pc has to have the aloha naming convention. Put a number 1 on the end of it. You may get some variable errors or service issues. Post back, and someone can tell you how to fix them. You will be able to do everything except grind.

SET TERMSTR=ComputerName without number
SET NUMTERMS=set to number of terminals set in manager
SET SERVER=ComputerName1 with number
SET IBERROOT=ALOHAFolderName
SET IBERDIR=C:\%IBERROOT%
SET ROBUST=TRUE

NET STOP CTLSVR.EXE

%IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHAMGR.EXE /UNREGSERVERQUIET
%IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHASEC.EXE /UNREGSERVERQUIET
%IBERDIR%\BIN\CTLSVR.EXE /UNREGSERVER /S
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHALAB.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\AMGRPS.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\AMGRSHIM.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\ASECPS.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\CTL4X.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\CTLSVRPS.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\EDTPUNCH.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\MNT4X.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /U /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\USERTOOL.DLL

%IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHAMGR.EXE /REGSERVERQUIET
%IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHASEC.EXE /REGSERVERQUIET
%IBERDIR%\BIN\CTLSVR.EXE /REGSERVER /NONET /S
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHALAB.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\AMGRPS.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\AMGRSHIM.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\ASECPS.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\CTL4X.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\CTLSVRPS.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\EDTPUNCH.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\MNT4X.DLL
C:\windows\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32.EXE /S %IBERDIR%\BIN\USERTOOL.DLL

%IBERDIR%\BIN\ALOHAMGR.EXE /remote /bpjw

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Oh yea, when installing, do not select demo mode. Install full version so services will install correctly. You can uncheck edc.

Sorry, it has been about 4 years, just trying to help.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

OK. I'll be more clear this time to avoid confunction...

To run Aloha Manager without a HASP:

Install Aloha unchecking the two boxes to run Aloha and EDC as services. (If you already installed and didn't do this go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. Find ctlsvr, right click to properties and switch startup to manual.) Demo mode only applies to the FOH program (iber). If demo mode is checked a different version of iber will install that is demo only. As a side note it can be lots of fun to substitute the demo version on a live system then watch someone try to figure out why none of the printers work. Sounds like a job for Coorsman.

Create a shortcut to Aloha Manager on the desktop (or wherever you want. Right click to properties and in the target line add /remote at the end of the line with a space before the forward slash. It should look about like this depending on where you installed Aloha. C:\Aloha\BIN\AlohaMgr.exe /remote

By default Aloha will install a demo database. It's been a very very long time since I looked at that database so I can't tell you what manager numbers may be configured. If you installed v6.3 or earlier the Alt X login will work as it is not disabled in a default install.

The remote switch is meant to be used as a way to run Aloha Manager on a remote computer if the actual fileserver is locked away, in another building etc. It will allow Aloha Manager to run like normal on your training computer however it will not drive order entry terminals.

The /bpjw switch (Brian Cook and his family's first initials)does not work with remote I think?? It might??

@DTSMAN: sir with that .bat file and installing aloha in full version, i can set up aloha manager without security key?

to all that posted here, thank you very much.i very appreciated your efforts..

sorry if i had so many question but i really need to know because this is a test for me to figure out. if i didn't figure this out i will be fired.

Yes.
That is what all the techs used at the Aloha dealership I worked for on their laptops. Just throw your Newdata and data folders in it from your server.

There seems to be some holes in what you are saying and asking..

Are you just wanting to use the front of house sales screen to train servers and cashiers?? Or, are you wanting to load the back of house and train on programming?? The .bat file I gave you is for the back of house manager application where you program your menus.

Bo

Remember,
(Red Green)

Check to see if the path to AlohaMGR.exe has spaces in it. If it does, you'll need to encapsulate it in quotes in the shortcut, like this:

"C:\Program Files\Aloha\BIN\AlohaMGR.exe" /remote

Change the path to wherever it is on your box.

@alohapier, i send you a pm on you skype...

@DTSMAN, i already did about the .bat file. when i open the aloha manager, it will prompt "ctlsvr not found" but when i login it will prompt up. .

i also put the /remote.. :)

i also try to run ctlsvr manually but still when i login it prompt ctlsvr not found. . do i need to install HASP? ;)

when i login again i prompts "the user could not be validated for login to the system"..

If you disable the ctlsvr service and run the shortcut to Aloha Manager with correct syntax and the remote switch you will not get the error. ctlsvr will not run under any circumstance without the HASP.

Another and probably better option is to find the batch file that was created on install to unregister all of Aloha and EDC. That can be found on the root of the drive the Aloha folder is on. It will be named "Unregister_Iber_X_X_XX_X.bat" with the version number you installed replacing the Xs. Run that batch file and confirm yes whenever prompted. Reboot. Install Aloha from the installation disk and uncheck both boxes to run Aloha and EDC as services. You do not need to check demo mode unless you are going to run FOH as well. Run the install. Go to Aloha\Bin, right click AlohaMgr.exe and select send to / desktop. Follow directions listed earlier to add the remote switch to the target line in properties of the desktop shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back