Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Aloha] DBF for clocked in users

Status
Not open for further replies.

elindsey

Programmer
Aug 3, 2014
US
Is there a DBF I can read to get the employees that are clocked in for the current DOB (and the job code they clocked in under), or will that require reading TRANS.LOG?

Bonus question: How about breaks? Changed punches?

You would have to run a grind to get any of that info in a DBF.

Once grind is run, the ADJTime.dbf has current day time records and GNDBrkInfo.dbf has breaks. Be cautious, though, as employee ss#'s are not masked in these files.

After running a grind, I don't see any way to distinguish clocked in employees. The grind process automatically fills in the out times with the current clock time, which isn't guaranteed to be synced between the ALOHABOH machine and the server that I'm reading the information from. I suppose I could come up with a kludge: if the clock out time is within 2 minutes of the server time, then assume that the employee is clocked in. Is there a more elegant solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back